The Bridlewood team may be a bit biased since the majority of our team lives, works, and plays in the area; however, the top 10 reasons to live in Clermont are based on the results of many surveys and statistical data with a little flavor added by our team.
1. Great Location: Clermont is only a 20± mile commute to Downtown Orlando and a quick 35 minute drive to the major theme parks. In addition, new access points to the Florida Turnpike make these commutes easy and light on traffic.
Florida beaches are approximately an hour away, making beach trips quick and enjoyable. (Source: Bridlewood Real Estate)
2. Gorgeous Waterfront Living & Parks: Clermont is home to some of the most beautiful lakes in Florida. Waterfront Park has a little something for everyone with a white sandy beach, children’s splash park, fishing pier, picnic area, band shelter, and many more sporting options. In addition, waterfront dining is offered by the Tiki Bar and Lily’s on the Lake the perfect venue for boating and dining, or a more formal yet casual dining experience. (Source: Bridlewood Real Estate)Lake Louisa State Park features over 17 miles of trails, 7 lakes, 105 miles of shoreline, and 4500 acres to explore.
There are several cabins if an overnight stay is what you’re looking for. Home to Bridlewood Ranch, the only lakefront wedding and event venue in the area. (Source: South Lake County Newcomers’ Guide 2017)
Choice of Champions: Clermont earned this title, named by the ICMA, for being one of the top 20 cities in America that is “leading the way” in economic development. (Source: South Lake County Newcomers’ Guide 2017)
3. Promotes an Active Lifestyle: Clermont is known as the “training heaven” for many different sports/athletes.
The city is home to many athletes, but specifically those who participate in the sport of triathlon. Waterfront Park is the final destination for those competing in the Great Floridian Triathlon which is Florida’s original 140.6 triathlon and the second the second oldest iron-distance race in the continental United States. The race directors live in Clermont. (Great Floridian Race Website)
The Ultra Man race course travels many miles through Clermont. This 3-day, 321.6 race considers the rolling hills, or steep hills (Sugar Loaf Mountain) the ideal place to test the agility of an athlete. (Ultraman Florida Website)
There are several rowing teams that utilize Lake Minneola as their preferred training spot because of the size and cleanliness of the lake and the amenities that surround it.
Clermont is the home of Special Olympics Florida offering challenged athletes a chance to compete. By working to remove obstacles, change attitudes, and open minds the Special Olympics provides opportunities for its’ athletes to demonstrate courage, experience joy, and share their gifts, skills, and friendship with the world. (Special Olympics Florida Website)
The city is the host to several run events that include 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons, and marathons.
The National Training Center is located in Clermont hosting athletes both locally and from around the world. NTC provides a training ground for several Olympians and Olympic hopefuls. They obviously offer the perfect place for the seasoned athlete or the beginner. In addition they provide a ‘Silver Sneakers” program and are home to some of the best trainers in the state. (Source: Bridlewood Real Estate & National Training Center Website)
4. Median Home Value: The median home value is 13% higher than the state average (provided by Area Vibe). If you’re looking for a newly constructed home or an established one, have confidence that you are making a wise decision in the location of your home.
5. Crime Rates: Crime in the Clermont area is 25% lower than the state average. What more can you say about this! (Source: Arevibe)
6. Schools: The High School graduation rate is 8% higher than the state average. Lake Minneola High School is in the top 14% of High Schools in the state for academic achievement and college readiness according to the Best High Schools Report. This rating has placed the school in the top 10% nationally earning it a Silver Medal. (Source: USA Today)
Clermont is also home to Lake Sumter State College offering Associates in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Associate in Applied Science (AAS), and Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degrees. The college also offers a 2+2 transfer opportunity to the University of Central Florida one of the premium universities in the state. (Source: Lake Sumter State College Website)
7. Landscape of Rolling Hills: Clermont is home to a hilly landscape like no other place in Florida. The rolling hills provide for spectacular views throughout the city. (Source: Bridlewood Real Estate)
8. Eventful Downtown area: A quiet, quaint downtown area which hosts several events to include – Light up Clermont, Clermont Farmers Market, Food Truck Friday, Art Festival, and several other events throughout the year. It is also considered the starting point for the area bike/jogging trail that wraps Lake Minneola and connects the West Orange Trail offering a one-way 49 miles of trail for your enjoyment. (Source: Bridlewood Real Estate & South Lake County Newcomer’s Guide 2017)
9. Friendly Neighbors: We think the Clermont area is home to some of the friendliest neighbors anywhere. You will find them helpful and supportive in times of crisis, providing encouragement while training or participating in a local race, volunteering during the Special Olympics, and donating time and resources to various charities. Again we may be a bit biased, be we LOVE our neighbors!
There should be a number 11……….. home to best real estate sales and management team in the state, the Bridlewood Real Estate Team!.